Working Holiday



  • 日本国籍であること
  • カナダ滞在期間中有効なパスポートを所持していること、ワークパーミットはパスポートの有効期限を越えては発行されない
  • 申請時に日本の定住所を提出すること
  • 年齢が18歳以上、30歳以下であること
  • カナダ滞在中の出費をカバーするため、最低2500カナダドル以上の資金を持っていること
  • 滞在期間をカバーする医療保険に加入していること、カナダ入国時に保険加入の証拠を提示を求められることもある
  • 入国資格があること
  • 出発前に往復航空券を購入していること、もしくは滞在許可終了時にカナダを出国する航空券を購入する資金があることを証明できること
  • 扶養家族(配偶者、子供)が同行しないこと
  • 移民局への申請費用の支払い (IEC参加費: CAD 150, オープンワークパーミット: CAD 100)

Description: The Working Holiday category is designed for Japanese citizens who intend to travel in Canada and who wish to find temporary paid employment to help pay for their trip (up to 12 months).

Note: As a Japanese citizen, you may participate in IEC only once.

To be eligible for the Working Holiday category, you must:

  • be a Japanese citizen,
  • have a valid Japanese passport for the duration of your stay in Canada—your work permit in Canada will not be longer than the validity of your passport,
  • provide a permanent address in Japan in your work permit application,
  • be between the ages of 18 and 30 (inclusive),
  • have a minimum of CAN$2,500 to help cover your expenses in Canada,
  • have health insurance for the duration of your stay—you may have to present evidence of this insurance when you enter Canada,
  • be admissible to Canada,
  • have, before departure, a round-trip ticket or demonstrate that you will have the financial resources to purchase a departure ticket at the end of your authorized stay in Canada,
  • not be accompanied by dependents, and
  • pay the fees.